Saturday, June 20, 2009

Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief

Absolutely loved this book. Five out of five stars.

Rick Riordan writes in a style that is easy for me to read and enjoy. While reading the book I only remembered a couple of times that I was also an author. This is huge! I found the dialogue believable and spellbinding. I found the characters interesting, funny, and I rooted for them all along. The story line was enjoyable, and there were several times when I felt like shouting "Hurray!" for something Percy did or said. It definitely delivered on its promise.

And I just learned it is being made into a movie! Yay!

Note: it isn't necessary to have an in depth knowledge of Greek gods or history to enjoy the book.

Back to Book Review Index

2 comments:

  1. I heard from Lisa that you are writing a book, is that true? We should get together and talk about it because I am writing a book, too and am just about done with the first of a three book series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I'm writing a book. :-) It would be a lot of fun to get together and talk. :-) What kind of series is it?

    ReplyDelete