Sunday, June 20, 2010

What's up with that?

I swear, there's this whole section of the United States that refuses to visit my blog. Click on the map farther down my side bar, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Seriously - what's up with that? Did I offend several states worth of American citizens? :-)

Things are going well, all things considered - I just haven't had the emotional energy to be on the internet lately. But everything happens for a reason, and I know the Lord is watching out for His children. (Check my last post for more information on what I'm talking about.)

Speaking of "everything happens for a reason," the release date for my book has been postponed. There was an error in production (many of you already know this), and things have come to a halt. This sort of thing is fairly common in the publishing world, and I'm hoping The Key of Kilenya will be coming out as close to July 6th as possible. I'll keep everyone posted. :-)

In the meantime, I've finished the first draft of book two, and am trying to decide what else to do. Perfect book two? Write the first drafts of all the other books in the series? Write a completely separate book? Water the garden? Paint daises on a big red rubber ball? Answer the phone when it rings? Sigh. Too many choices. :-)

This made me laugh:


He he he. :-)

What's going on in your lives? Any cool announcements? Random facts? Funny kid quotes?

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your release date; that's got to be frustrating. My vote? Paint daisies on a rubber ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the rubber ball option. Phone answering is SO overrated. Hope production gets rolling (ha ha - I'm so punny) soonly!

    So I recently asked my five year old about her kindergarten field trip. I asked what her favourite part was and she exclaimed, "Learning about bugs!"

    "What did you learn?" I asked.

    "About BUGS," she replied, rather scathingly. Um. Yeah. Dumb Mom moment, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still submitting for Sidewinder, waiting for feedback on Ghost Machines, drafting on Simon Seraph. And I met a girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say write whatever is driving you the most (but of course I have obligations I need to meet too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the news Andrea. How frustrating. Especially when you tell all your fans it is coming out on a certain date. I, for one, can't wait to buy it and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All: I took the news of the postponing fairly well. I'm not too worried about it. :-) I'm going to finish outlining my series, and worry about perfecting things as I need to. :-)

    Kimberly: that's AWESOME!! Thanks for the story! :-)

    Graham: Yeah, I know you met a girl. And you selfishly didn't save me any carrot cake. :-) (Or did you? :-) I'm gonna text her and find out. :-)) Carrot cake actually sounds VERY good right now. Especially yours. Time you paid me back. :-)

    ReplyDelete