Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Sea of Monsters

Five out of five stars.
Author: Rick Riordan
Publisher (paperback): Hyperion, 2007
Second installment in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

I absolutely loved this book. It was a fast read (only took a few hours) and built perfectly on the world established in the first book. The Greek gods played their parts wonderfully (especially Hermes! ("I didn't know whether to kneel or buy postage stamps")) and I loved the foreshadowing for the rest of the series.

Like the first book, the dialogue was easy to read, and I laughed out loud several times. The action was believable. I loved the different twists that were thrown in when Percy and his friends needed help. The "monsters" fit the book perfectly and added to the Greek feel.

I'm looking forward to reading the third book. :-)

Back to Book Review Index

No comments:

Post a Comment